Our client is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
Currently, our Architectural and Engineering Division has several projects that need an experienced mechanical engineer with extensive experience in plumbing and building construction design, a minimum of 10 years.
- Develop, review, update, modify, and approve electrical design plans and work schedules
- Assure completion of projects involving design and review by applying seasoned professional technical knowledge and experience in the oversight of an interdisciplinary team engaged in carrying out projects
- Assist in developing the Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects to be executed by contractors
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Deliver detailed analytical concepts and then back up those concepts with written justification
- Deliver documentation offering critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Assist in the preparation of the scope of work for each project including budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Use computer-assisted engineering software (AutoCAD, coordination studies load analysis) to perform engineering tasks as assigned
- Keep current with the latest technical innovations in Mechanical Engineering
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE), required
- At least 10 years of standard building construction design experience/ mechanical engineering design (HVAC, BAS, Piping, sprinkler design) experience
- Previous experience working on US Government and military domestic and international or healthcare projects preferred
- Familiarity with military programming rules and documentation is desirable
- Strong knowledge of CAD/BIM software and drafting procedures
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Willing to travel to client site
- Must lawfully reside in the United States and be eligible for employment (we do not sponsor visas or work permits)