Our client is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing electrical engineering requirements and solutions in a hospital environment. You will be performing a variety of engineering duties by applying various electrical engineering techniques and analyses to support the Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care. This project has been awarded to Our client.
This requirement is for on-site (not remote) work.
- Plan and evaluate new projects and coordinate with other disciplines to determine design requirements.
- Develop conceptual solutions to problems with detailed designs, assist in the execution of projects within defined design and cost parameters, and present to teams and clients.
- Assess the impact of standard exceptions to established engineering principles and practices and conceptualize acceptable design exceptions and mitigation strategies, as necessary, to meet customer needs.
- Act as subject matter expert in designing and submitting engineering plans, calculations, and drawings to a public authority for approval, or seal engineering work for public and private clients.
- Perform and evaluate engineering economic analyses and evaluate proper systems to meet scope requirements.
- Verify the adequacy of building systems related to their respective disciplines.
- Interpret/coordinate/apply/communicate the Architectural/Engineering plans and specifications, laws, regulations, policies, and guidance related to healthcare design.
- Assist in the development of plans for accomplishing business objectives and implementing quality initiatives, including assisting in the formulation and establishment of policies, standards, guidelines, and priorities for team operations.
- Develop the design and monitor the budget and schedule for assigned projects and have responsibility for the project from initial scoping through construction support.
- Develop plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) packages that clearly define the work, are biddable, and emphasize context sensitivity, safety, and constructability. Identify appropriate bid items, perform quantity computations for all facets of healthcare facility design, and develop summary tables for project plans and price estimates for all work items for assigned projects.
- Prepare appropriate design documentation and provide quality control reviews on PS&Es prepared by other designers.
Qualifications To Be Successful In The Role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Architecture from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) curriculum (excludes Engineering Technology) (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, and Architectural Engineering.)
- Minimum of seven (7) years specialized experience.
- Professional Engineer or a Licensed Architect is required.
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of the design process and knowledge of healthcare industry standards and related regulatory agency and organization (including, but not limited to The Joint Commission (TJC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), etc.) regulations, requirements, guides, policies, procedures, directives, standards, and general medical program requirements is highly desired.
- Design experience must include but not limited to ground up, TI, infrastructure/utilities upgrade, etc. for commercial, light commercial, light industrial, or institutional buildings.
- Healthcare design experience and professional registration in the project jurisdiction is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing clients and management personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable codes related to mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Ability to use computer software to create drawings or virtual models of design elements.