Recent Grads are welcome to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Restores patient’s function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- Provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results.
- Determines physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan by administering manual exercises, giving massages, and using equipment as necessary.
- Evaluates and records patient’s progress, modifying treatment plans, and trying new treatments if required.
- Evaluates the use and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and observing patient’s progress; and recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Documents patient care services by charting in-patient and department records.
- Instructs patients in proper in-home exercises and therapies.
- Educates patients and their families about the recovery process and the challenges they will face.
- Physical Therapists
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Pleasant bedside manner
- Motivation skills
- Time management
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Persuasion skills
- Instructing and teaching skills
- Basic computer skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- DPT preferred
- Licensed as a physical therapist
- Basic life support (BLS) certification
- Minimum of one year of physical therapy experience